Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Covenant evangelism...

This is New Covenant evangelism . . .

"I was called to the home of a dying elderly man to sing and pray with him. A few folks from church came with me. At the house the man had lots of family around, inside and outside the house. Many were smoking outside and wouldn’t come inside with us, so I asked everyone to come outside for a moment. I told them all “I want to share great, great news. The gospel is not understood by most but the message of the gospel is our sins are already forgiven and I can tell each one here, your sins are forgiven. You don’t need to be forgiven, you already are. The gospel is not to make us ashamed and guilty but to take those things away. All you have to do is acknowledge that, believe it because it is true.” I used the thief on the cross as the example. Many of them wept and it was so easy and exciting to share the gospel this way. We had a great time with the old man and we shared it all with him as well. It felt as natural as when Jesus looked at people and told them their sins were forgiven."

No comments: