Sunday, October 19, 2008

a most important discovery...

"The Gospel of the Grace of God is the MOST IMPORTANT discovery I've made in studying the Bible since receiving Christ as Savior. It explains the PLAN OF GOD and how He's working in the world and through His Church today. "

gee this quote hits the nail on the head for me....my life and understanding has so radically changed since coming to "see" the gospel of Gods grace...it has changed the way i look at...

1.other believers
2. the unsaved
3.my marriage
4. my wife
5. my child.
6. the church
7. the Lord

I feel that God is changing the very things that i always struggled with and never seemed to have victory over...i remember someone saying to me once that we are being faithful with what God has given us when we make concerted effort to change those things in us that are not Godly...you see, change is good, when it is God doing it...i have come to understand that i am being faithful when i believe that God can make those changes, that i believe that He will complete the good work in me, when i believe i am the righteousness of God in Christ...when i believe these things then i am being faithful....i am being full of faith...not doubting....that doesn't make me passive...it gives me much hope....hope for change, change i see taking place....now the effort i make has a different motive....not to make God happy with me, its just to be who i already am....

thank you Lord for your gospel of grace...

No comments: