Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Confessing our sins??

1 John 1:9 (NIV)……….9. If we confess (G3670) our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

G3670 ὁμολογέω
homologeō hom-ol-og-eh'-o
From a compound of the base of G3674 and G3056; to assent, that is, covenant, acknowledge: - con- (pro-) fess, confession is made, give thanks, promise.

· To assent……… is to concur, accept, agree, go along with…….(Collins Thesaurus)

That’s the word “confess” in 1 John 1:9……….

I do acknowledge, concur, accept, agree, go along with the fact that i sin…………….. I don’t say I am without sin, that would be Gnostic……………
I acknowledge, concur, accept, agree, go along with the fact that i sin before God…….I know everything I do and think that’s not of faith is sin (Romans 14:23), even the good I should do that I know don’t do is sin (James 4)……

I mean, who will rescue me from this body/this mind of sin……

Thanks be to God, JESUS!!! I have His righteousness and he does NOT nor will he ever count my sins against me....

No comments: